We’re on a mission to change how we live, starting with reducing our consumption and impact on the environment. Our first step will be to move to a smaller house with more outdoor space to produce our own resources. Enter: Rose Cottage.
Here’s a very general list of milestones. I am completely certain that this will change as we progress!
- Complete repairs to house in Scottish Borders – Complete!
- Put house in Scottish Borders up for sale – Complete!
- Receive offer(s) for house in Scottish Borders – Complete!
- Place formal offer for Rose Cottage – Complete!
- Acceptance of offer for Rose Cottage
- Conclude house sale and cottage purchase
- Move north!
- Clear space for caravan at Rose Cottage
- Site caravan at Rose Cottage
- Connect caravan to utilities
- Move in to caravan
- Clear overgrowth from around Rose Cottage
- Gut cottage
- Complete roof work
- Complete exterior wall work
- Rebuild chimneys
- Window installation
- Exterior door installation
- Carpentry work
- Connect plumbing to mains water and sewer
- Connect electrical
- Rewire cottage
- Install insulation
- Central heating installation
- Interior plaster work
- Flooring installation
- Install bathroom fixtures
- Install kitchen fixtures